Medical Review Physician
My client has more than 35 years' experience applying best practices to help employers to reduce health care costs, reduce lost time, assures 100% Medical compliance through tailored services to various workforce configurations--consolidated, dispersed, mobile, or virtual. Employing a three-fold service delivery model, my client fulfills occupational health services through worksite health programs, extensive national network of health care providers, and Medical readiness teams domestically and internationally. My client works with military contracts and is growing rapidly.
Full Job Description
My client has a full time opening for a Medical Review Physician to work in their Fairfax County, VA office. This role will work Monday through Friday with no evenings or on call required. There is room for growth in this corporation.
Under general supervision, this position is ultimately responsible for the interpretation and analysis of medical examination results in accordance with contractual and regulatory guidelines for various occupational examination and screening programs.
Fully unencumbered, Board certified Internist or Occupational Medicine Physician licensed to practice medicine in Virginia. Strong clinical background required. Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products and dictation equipment required. Must exhibit strong analytical ability to research and interpret detailed medical information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing. MRO certification desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consistently exercises exceptional attention to detail in the review of examination results.
• Thoroughly applies contractual and regulatory guidelines to and interprets nuances of exam results to render quality medical determinations as to employment eligibility and examination satisfaction.
• Exercises considerable latitude in independent decision-making and judgment.
• Maintains a solid understanding of the specific contract’s guidelines and addendums.
• Collaborates with administrative and medical staff (Doctors, Transcriptionists, Review Nurses, Client Service Administrators, Program Managers) to communicate review progress and results with examinees and client medical personnel and management.
• Learns and applies codified state and federal regulations specific to particular contract(s).
• Assists in formulating, documenting, maintaining and implementing guidelines as dictated by medical directives and contractual or regulatory updates and requirements.
• Thoroughly cognizant of metrics and organizes workload to meet them.
• Participates in process improvement reviews on policies, objectives, and department operations.
• May participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
• Supports marketing and sales objectives and efforts as requested.
• Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
• May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
My client is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
• Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
• Employee and Dependent Life/AD&D Insurance
• Short-term and Long-term Disability Plans
• Dental Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Matching 401K Plan
• Direct Deposit Option
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Personal Days
• Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
• Annual Performance Assessments
• Company-sponsored Activities (picnics, sports, social gatherings)
• Professional Certification Subsidy